Dates for Village Events for 2015:
- April 25 (WCHS) The Dedication of the 1860 Henry Morris House Civil War Sesquicentennial Marker will be Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. The house was the site of foraging activities by the Union Army in May 1862 and Henry Morris successfully petitioned Col. Peter Osterhaus, commanding the 3rd Division of the Army of the Southwest to issue an order stating that no more foraging was to take place on the Morris Farm. . Henry Morris later joined the 8th Arkansas Cavalry (CSA) serving in Arkansas and Missouri from January 1863 to the end of the War. Morris died by a mule’s kick in 1868 and is buried on the grounds of the home. The house will be open to the public after the ceremony and is the last surviving structure in White County for which a direct connection to Civil War activity can be made. The address is 288 Morris Drive, Bradford, Arkansas. For further information contact 501 454-1901.
- May 2-3 Spring Open House May 2, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm and May 3 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- July 10 Arkansas Tin Lizzes Auto Club , gathered at Heber Springs, will be coming to Pioneer Village to tour about 11:00 am. There will be about 25 cars. They are going to eat at the Village and then go on to Jacksonport State Park. They are driving their cars, not hauling them. The cars will also be available for viewing by the public for a short time, about 11:00 - 1:00.
- November 7-8 Fall Fest. November 7 10:00 - 4:00 and November 8 1:00 - 4:00
- December 5 Christmas Open House 10-4.